Yield: One 10-inch deep dish pie or two 8 or 9-inch shallow pies
- 1-2 Pie Pumpkins
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tbsp of fresh chopped ginger or 1tsp of dried ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional, I don’t use any)
- 4 large eggs
- 1.5 cans coconut milk from the can
Cut pumpkins into quarter and steam in a pot on the stove until soft. Let cool, then separate the pumpkin meat from the skin.
Combine the cooked pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger, salt, eggs and coconut milk to food processor or Vitamix. Blend on high until smooth- start at low speed then work up or it will explode into a pumpkin disaster!
Pour into a Udo’s gluten free pie crust or your favourite pie crust.
Bake at 425 F (210 C ) for the first 15 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 350 F ( 175 C ) and bake another 45 to 60 minutes, until a clean knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Recipe adopted from: