Dr. Escobedo (Dr.E) moved to California in 2012 from British Columbia with her husband Ricardo and dog Dozer after traveling through south America for several months. She practiced collaboratively for two years until the spring of 2014 when she opened her own clinic in Palo Alto called Wild Women Wellness. Her business grew quickly prompting a move to a larger space on the border of Atherton and Redwood City. She played an integral role in developing, supervising and implementing testosterone replacement therapy program with Helix Mobile Wellness for over 2 years. After gaining this unprecedented experience she realized how much she loves working with men's health. Since, she has since transformed her practice into a telemedicine practice so she can easily see patients in all of California from the comfort of their home or office. And she has rebranded Wild Women Wellness to GeOMetric Health to welcome more men into her practice. Her focus is on hormones, weight loss, thyroid health, women’s health, autoimmune conditions, testosterone replacement therapy and digestive health.
Dr. E holds a B.Sc. from Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops, British Columbia. She then gained a doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine from the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine (BINM) in New Westminster, British Columbia. She Feels blessed to have experienced a sense of camaraderie from both these communities and has carried that love and compassion into her community in Redwood City, California.
Dr. E is passionate about empowering her patients through education and support on their path to health and healing. She strives to connect and understand her patients while pursuing their health goals through high quality sustainable health care. She has enjoyed refining her skills in:
- Hormone health: Dr.E is passionate about hormones! During a visit with her you will learn about how your hormones are interconnected and influence your energy, weight, sleep, menstrual cycle and blood sugar levels. Therapies she uses include bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (bHRT), herbal medicine, supplements, diet modifications, stress management techniques, and homeopathy. She enjoys working with her patients to facilitate healthy weight loss through identifying and balancing the five barriers to losing weight, and creating food plans tailored for each person.
- Women’s health: Her wisdom for women’s wellness has yielded success in treating most types of menstrual irregularities, PMS, PCOS, reproductive health, breast health, and menopause.
- Men’s Health: Dr.E is has supervised over 600 men on testosterone replacement therapy, evaluating labs every 3 months, and gained exceptional experience in balancing testosterone, boosting libido, improving mood and energy, and helping men lose weight in a safe and effective manner.
- Autoimmune conditions: Naturopathic doctors excel in treating autoimmune conditions, we have a wide range of tools that the traditional model doesn’t use. Dr. E has success treating Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE).
- Further note-worthy experience: includes volunteer work in Nicaragua where Dr. E provided free healthcare to under-served and under-sourced communities through Naturopathic Doctors International. This immersion style of training allowed her to rapidly develop her skills in managing cardiovascular disease, diabetes, parasitic infections, immune health, paediatric, and travel health. Dr. E has also taken part in outreach clinics working with HIV-positive patients at the Positive Living BC and terminally ill patients, with cancer and advanced cardiovascular diseases, at the Friends for Life Society in Vancouver, Canada. Dr.E has experience helping trans-gendered MTF and FTM manage their hormone programs and transitions safely, effectively and progressively.
Dr. Escobedo is excited to share her knowledge and positive energy with her patients. She feels honored to start a journey of health and healing with you.